McCann Bristol is part of McCann Worldgroup, the world’s largest advertising and communications network. You’ll find us in over 200 cities in 130 countries. The best connected local, global agency in town and we’re actively recruiting for an Marketing Account Executive.
Candidates will possess the following skills:
- Excellent attention to detail and very well organised
- Infectious enthusiasm and passion for the world of marketing and advertising
- Have an understanding of marketing trends, including digital
- Professional and very personable. You’re an Account Person, so you’re the life-and-soul, light-up-the-room, good-company-for-clients-and-team-alike, type.
- Literate and numerate. That means you write well (including in your job application), and have great commercial acumen.
Nowadays, a one-size-fits-all mentality no longer works. Nor is simple communications integration. The industry needs to embrace genuine channel neutrality. That’s why we offer a complete 360 service - delivered by award-winning specialists, all under one roof and united by our central Transformation Way planning process.
Overall purpose of job
To assist account supervisor to ensure that each account is smooth running and profitable, and that the highest level of creative work is achieved by the Agency.
Key objectives of your job
- Build good working relationship with both client and agency colleagues
- Fulfil all allotted tasks quickly, efficiently and to the highest possible standards
- Collation of information (desk research) for new briefs
- Accurate paperwork pertaining to all account handling department business as required
- Ensure meeting rooms booked, and confirm attendance of all parties in good time
- Liaise with production colleagues for estimates, and prepare client estimates for account supervisor
- Develop good understanding of client’s business and competitors
- Listen carefully to client requests and report them accurately
- Brief all jobs accurately and expediently
- Check that client approvals are sought and given prior to commencement of any work
- Proof read meticulously before presenting creative and/or media proposals internally or externally
- A good listener
- Interpretative/lateral thinker
- Good team player
- Numerate and with good attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Positive, pro-active and enthusiastic
- Flexible and with quick reactions
- PC/Mac (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Languages desirable
We’re in the midst of a hugely successful year, with multiple new client wins and four Cannes Lions under our belt in 2021. We’re being picky with who we hire, but it means you’ll be part of what we believe to be the best team in the industry.
A bit of sell: McCann is a Gold Investor In People. We’ve got training coming out of our ears and track record of promoting from within. We provide breakfast, chocolate, fruit and a load of other nice stuff that just might make every day a little better.
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a brilliant environment for all our people. This includes benefits such as 28 days holiday, plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance and much more.
A culture of learning and development is also central to our ethos, so you’ll have access to industry leading training and development programmes, plus you’ll get to work closely with the world’s biggest media partners to access exclusive features and products.
Most importantly, you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team and you’ll work in an environment where you are supported, pushed and developed.
All-in-all, this is an opportunity not to be missed for anyone serious about pushing their career to the next level.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
For us, diversity is a business imperative – one that must be embedded into every aspect of how we operate in order to drive success. Simply put, we believe an encouraging and inclusive environment makes sound business sense.
As a globally integrated community that influences and shapes culture, it’s vital that the talent mix in our agencies encompass all dimensions of diversity, and that we demand the same of the people we work with.
Conscious inclusion encompasses social, cultural and cognitive differences and cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It is the integration of this philosophy that allows us to create meaningful experiences for our employees, drive better business practices with our vendors and clients, and ultimately lead with purpose.