Media Account Director
Who we are.
McCann Bristol is the BigSmall agency, with the might of a global network but a small, integrated team of 70 talented people. We're delivering culture-shaping work for a host of instantly recognised brands. But we never rest on our laurels; a continuous growth mindset is part of our DNA, which is why our business development team is a vital part of our success.
To help us continue building on this success, we’re looking for an experienced Media Account Director to strengthen our media division (Universal McCann), who’ll arrive with a track record of delivering impactful multi-channel media campaigns for national and international clients.
Why would you want to work here?
McCann Bristol is part of McCann Central, the UK’s largest integrated agency. Over 500 individuals working together to help brands play a meaningful role in people’s lives.
We are also part of McCann Worldgroup, a global agency network that delivers culture-shaping work for some of the world’s biggest brands.
And to add to the (literal) wheelbarrow full of awards we’ve got including Euro Effies most effective global agency, Cannes Network of the Year, Campaign’s European Integrated Agency of the Year, not to mention McCann Central’s haul of awards in recent years at Cannes Lions, Clios, One Show, D&AD, LIAs, Golden Drum & Creative Circle Awards. So creativity really is at the forefront of everything we do.
We’re a team of passionate creatives, strategists and marketers from a wide mix of backgrounds. But there’s a lot that unites us – like caring deeply about everything we do. And though our skillsets are wide and our process knowledge is deep, we are all still learning every day.
The part you’ll play
You’ll take ownership of the strategic development of clients’ media recommendations, based on an in depth understanding of their market, competitors and customers. This means that you’ll have a deep understanding of all media channels (including digital) and a knack of identifying actionable insights that unlock a brief and create compelling multi-channel media solutions that excite clients and drive awareness.
At McCann, we’ve spent more than a century building successful brands using one simple philosophy: Truth Well Told. It’s our belief that consumer insights based on truth are crucial to building brands that last.
As Media Account Director you'll be responsible for the day-to-day running of a number of clients, whilst managing and motivating a small team to deliver exceptional results, every time.
Key areas of experience we're looking for include:
- An experienced account lead, confident to handle day to day discussions and build successful relationships with senior clients stakeholders
- Experience in running international accounts, and co-ordinating multiple market stakeholders
- Experience in Comms Planning across a broad spectrum of categories, with media being used for pure brand activity, pure direct response, and/or anything in between.
- Confident in making cross-channel recommendations and understanding the interplay of multiple channels
- Take a leading role in ‘owning’ a client brief
- Able to lead the strategic approach for media, using actionable insights to inspire the strategy
- Able to utilise relevant planning tools, industry theory, bespoke research to validate channel planning recommendations, alongside using media planning tools such as TGI, Ad-Dynamix
- Experienced in working with digitally-centric clients
- Confident to discuss what success should look like, and recommend appropriate measurement
- Passionate about media and aware of latest developments in key channels as well as upcoming threats and opportunities within the media landscape
- An organised approach to management of timelines and internal / external stakeholders
- High standards when it comes to preparation of client-facing documents (whether PPT decks, long-hand written docs or excel schedules), with keen attention to detail
- High level of commercial acumen & confidence discussing contractual terms with clients
- Able to manage internal forecasting and oversee finance and billing processes
- Demonstrates a ‘growth mindset’ either to drive organic growth from existing clients, or to take on the challenge of new business
- Collaborative and proactive – happy to muck in with the rest of the team on key initiatives
In addition to a competitive salary, we are committed to creating a brilliant environment for all our people. This includes benefits such as 28 days holiday, plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance and much more.
A culture of learning and development is also central to our ethos, so you’ll have access to industry leading training and development programmes, plus you’ll get to work closely with the world’s biggest media partners to access exclusive features and products.
Most importantly, you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team and you’ll work in an environment where you are supported and developed.
If you want to join an iconic network agency that offers you the chance to work on one of the top clients in our portfolio & the opportunity to progress your career with an unrivalled development programme, contact us now.
Our commitment to equal opportunities.
For us, diversity is a business imperative – one that must be embedded into every aspect of how we operate in order to drive success. Simply put, we believe an encouraging and inclusive environment makes sound business sense.
As a globally integrated community that influences and shapes culture, it’s vital that the talent mix in our agencies encompass all dimensions of diversity, and that we demand the same of the people we work with.
Conscious inclusion encompasses social, cultural and cognitive differences and cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It is the integration of this philosophy that allows us to create meaningful experiences for our employees, drive better business practices with our vendors and clients, and ultimately lead with purpose.