McCann Bristol is part of McCann Central, the UK’s largest integrated agency. Over 500 individuals working together to help brands play a meaningful role in people’s lives.
We are also part of McCann Worldgroup, a global agency network that delivers culture-shaping work for some of the world’s biggest brands.
And to add to the (literal) wheelbarrow full of awards we’ve got including Euro Effies most effective global agency, Cannes Network of the Year, Campaign’s European Integrated Agency of the Year, not to mention McCann Central’s haul of awards in recent years at Cannes Lions, Clios, One Show, D&AD, LIAs, Golden Drum & Creative Circle Awards. So creativity really is at the forefront of everything we do.
We’re a team of passionate creatives, strategists and engineers from a wide mix of backgrounds. But there’s a lot that unites us – like caring deeply about everything we make. And though our skillsets are wide and our process knowledge is deep, we are all still learning every day.
The Media Executive will support the media team for a variety of clients across industries including: retail; automotive and travel. This role will be based within the Media department of McCann Central, Bristol
As a Media Executive, you will need to collaborate effectively within your team and build solid relationships across the wider agency.
- Creating weekly reports using Excel pivot tables
- Assisting with preparation of PowerPoint presentations (proposals, results presentations, competitor reports, industry insights)
- Independently carrying out media research
- Creating trafficking plans in Excel
- Monitoring and reconciling campaigns
- Some media planning and buying across online and offline channels including search
Personal Skills & Experience
- Computer literate, i.e. good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel in particular
- Strong administrative skills
- Concern for and a superb attention to detail
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Good telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take instructions and to act accordingly
- Pro-activity and the ability to be able to work with the minimum supervision
- A proactive and positive “can do” attitude
- Willingness to expand media knowledge
Full on the job training will be given and the individual would be supported by the wider media team.
Our Values and Behaviours: EPICC
McCann Central is its people. You help make the agency an enjoyable and successful place to work. Like our people, the agency has distinct characteristics, a personality and values that set us apart in our industry. Our values are explained below in terms of what we stand for as an agency and what we look for from your behaviour when you turn up to work each day.
- Entrepreneurial – having a proactive mind-set in a rapidly changing business, taking calculated risks to think differently, having a can-do approach to everything we do.
- Persistence – never give up, have determination and an approach that says ‘I always find a way’.
- Integrity – thinking ‘if this was my business and money, what would I do?’, being open and honest, telling the truth even when it’s hard, doing the right thing.
- Collaboration – going out of your way to help others, with everyone involved a better outcome will unfold, team spirit.
- Curiosity – asking questions and looking for what others don’t see is the cornerstone of a curious mind and the DNA of our success.
We expect our employees to take time to understand, respect and support our core values, using them as guiding principles for how we do things at McCann Central.
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a brilliant environment for all our people. This includes benefits such as 28 days holiday, plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance and much more.
A culture of learning and development is also central to our ethos, so you’ll have access to industry leading training and development programmes, plus you’ll get to work closely with the world’s biggest media partners to access exclusive features and products.
Most importantly, you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team and you’ll work in an environment where you are supported, pushed and developed.
Our commitment to equal opportunities.
For us, diversity is a business imperative – one that must be embedded into every aspect of how we operate in order to drive success. Simply put, we believe an encouraging and inclusive environment makes sound business sense.
As a globally integrated community that influences and shapes culture, it’s vital that the talent mix in our agencies encompass all dimensions of diversity, and that we demand the same of the people we work with.
Conscious inclusion encompasses social, cultural and cognitive differences and cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It is the integration of this philosophy that allows us to create meaningful experiences for our employees, drive better business practices with our vendors and clients, and ultimately lead with purpose.