SEO Senior Manager
McCann Bristol is part of McCann Central, the UK’s largest integrated agency. Over 500 individuals working together to help brands play a meaningful role in people’s lives.
We are also part of McCann Worldgroup, a global agency network that delivers culture-shaping work for some of the world’s biggest brands.
And to add to the (literal) wheelbarrow full of awards we’ve got including Euro Effies most effective global agency, Cannes Network of the Year, Campaign’s European Integrated Agency of the Year, not to mention McCann Central’s haul of awards in recent years at Cannes Lions, Clios, One Show, D&AD, LIAs, Golden Drum & Creative Circle Awards. So creativity really is at the forefront of everything we do.
We’re a team of passionate creatives, strategists and engineers from a wide mix of backgrounds. But there’s a lot that unites us – like caring deeply about everything we make. And though our skillsets are wide and our process knowledge is deep, we are all still learning every day.
Universal McCann is the dedicated media division within McCann Central, the UK’s largest integrated agency. Over 500 individuals working together to help brands play a meaningful role in people’s lives.
As Senior SEO Manager you’ll be working within our digital media team, where you’ll work with clients to help them get their brands noticed by developing innovative and impactful campaigns.
We’re looking for an experienced SEO specialist to manage and deliver SEO campaigns for a variety of high profile clients, spanning a diverse mix of industries, from automotive, to leisure, finance and charity.
You will be responsible for producing SEO proposals, creating SEO reports for existing clients, presenting and analysing data, optimising campaigns and pro-actively making recommendations to clients.
As someone immersed in the digital media industry, you’ll proactively keep up to date with new developments in SEO, whilst actively researching, testing and proposing new approaches to improve search engine rankings, as well as site conversion rates where applicable.
Ideally you’ll have a proven background in an agency environment, managing large SEO accounts and optimising campaigns, however, we’re also interested in hearing from you if you’re currently working in an in-house team & are excited by the prospect of moving agency side.
Ultimately you’ll thrive in a vibrant and friendly agency team and will play a key role in growing our SEO and content marketing offering.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully delivering SEO activity
- A proactive and positive “can do” attitude
- Experience in using Deep Crawl, Moz, SEMrush, Screaming Frog or other industry standard SEO tools
- Superb attention to detail
- Pro-activity and the ability to be able to work with the minimum supervision
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Strong relationship builder with team, other departments and external partners
- Self-motivated to learn new SEO skills and stay up to date with the industry
- All aspects of SEO, including audits, consultancy, on-going SEO retainers and website migrations
- A strong understanding of Technical SEO, how to identify, fix or enhance issues to improve performance
- A strong understanding of the role of content and the ability to work on content strategy and content implementation projects
- Excellent knowledge of Google Analytics
- Can manage and deliver link-building campaigns
- Liaising with web developers and other internal stakeholders for delivery of projects
- Can manage and deliver campaigns based on conversion rate optimisation
- Experience of web analytics tools
- Experience of using a Content Management System
- Comfortable with copy-writing for webpages and blog posts
- An analytical mind, comfortable with manipulating and analysing large amounts of data
- Good use of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Content marketing experience
- Good knowledge of Webmaster Tools and Google Adwords
Managing client expectations and the ability to resolve issues independently
In addition to a competitive salary, we are committed to creating a brilliant environment for all our people. This includes benefits such as 28 days holiday, plus the opportunity to take additional fully paid leave, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance and much more.
A culture of learning and development is also central to our ethos, so you’ll have access to industry leading training and development programmes, plus you’ll get to work closely with the world’s biggest media partners to access exclusive features and products.
Most importantly, you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team and you’ll work in an environment where you are supported and developed.
Our commitment to equal opportunities
For us, diversity is a business imperative – one that must be embedded into every aspect of how we operate in order to drive success. Simply put, we believe an encouraging and inclusive environment makes sound business sense.
As a globally integrated community that influences and shapes culture, it’s vital that the talent mix in our agencies encompasses all dimensions of diversity, and that we demand the same of the people we work with.
Conscious inclusion encompasses social, cultural and cognitive differences and cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It is the integration of this philosophy that allows us to create meaningful experiences for our employees, drive better business practices with our vendors and clients, and ultimately lead with purpose.
McCann is a disability confident committed employer and will guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets the minimum criteria for this role, so please do let us know when you apply if you are eligible, along with any adjustments you may need to the recruitment process to enable you to perform at your best.