McCann Bristol is the BigSmall agency, with the might of a global network but a small, integrated team of 70 talented people. We're delivering culture-shaping work for a host of instantly recognised brands. But we never rest on our laurels; a continuous growth mindset is part of our DNA. But we never rest on our laurels; a continuous growth mindset is part of our DNA, which is why our business development team is a vital part of our success.
To help us continue building on this success, we’re looking for a Creative Services Manager , someone who’ll ensure the resource is in place to deliver our work on time and on budget to the highest standard.
Why would you want to work here?
McCann Bristol is part of McCann Central, the UK’s largest integrated agency. Over 500 individuals working together to help brands play a meaningful role in people’s lives.
Add to the (literal) wheelbarrow full of awards we’ve got including Euro Effies most effective global agency, Cannes and IPA Network of the Year, Campaign’s European Integrated Agency of the Year, not to mention McCann Central’s haul of awards in recent years at Cannes Lions, Clios, One Show, D&AD, LIAs, Golden Drum & Creative Circle Awards. So, creativity really is at the forefront of everything we do.
The Traffic Manager role is responsible for managing and planning all work through the Creative, Design, Artwork and Digital teams ensuring open communication between creative, digital and project management that leads to creative delivery on time and on budget.
Partnering with all internal teams, you’ll ensure work is allocated accordingly, managing creative schedules to deliver outputs that meet client expectations, agency standards and budget requirements. Your expertise in operational and time management will play a key role in coordinating resources at the agency.
- Process time requests for resource – booking jobs into the workload system and resolving any conflicts
- Compile and send out the brief chase for projects
- Police the brief submission deadlines
- Attend allocated WIP meetings
- Attend and drive resource catch-ups
- Manage all aspects of creative, design and artwork freelance requirement (bookings and administration)
- Manage and expand our list of freelance resource
- Attend and run Creative Services daily departmental meetings
- Prepare analysis of time and utilisation reports – identify instances of under-utilisation, identify the root cause and pro-actively take steps to address the issue
- Sense check resource requests against estimates
- Act as a gate keeper to spot early instances of scope creep and challenge account management teams on whether they have negotiated overruns with clients
- Be responsible for artbuying across stills, footage, and music. Log and track usage after purchases
- Track all work undertaken for other units within the McCann group and report on these at the end of each month
- Track all studio materials used and report on these at the end of each month
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Three years or more experience in a similar role
- Experience of using agency traffic management systems such as Traffic Live, Float or Teambook
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) is essential
- Accuracy and an eye for detail
- Ability to communicate accurately and effectively to fellow team members
- Unflappable with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
In addition to a competitive salary, we are committed to creating a brilliant environment for all our people. This includes benefits such as 28 days holiday, plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance and much more.
A culture of learning and development is also central to our ethos, so you’ll have access to industry leading training and development programmes, plus you’ll get to work closely with the world’s biggest media partners to access exclusive features and products.
Most importantly, you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team and you’ll work in an environment where you are supported, pushed and developed.
Our commitment to equal opportunities
For us, diversity is a business imperative – one that must be embedded into every aspect of how we operate in order to drive success. Simply put, we believe an encouraging and inclusive environment makes sound business sense.
As a globally integrated community that influences and shapes culture, it’s vital that the talent mix in our agencies encompasses all dimensions of diversity, and that we demand the same of the people we work with.
Conscious inclusion encompasses social, cultural and cognitive differences and cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It is the integration of this philosophy that allows us to create meaningful experiences for our employees, drive better business practices with our vendors and clients, and ultimately lead with purpose.
If you have a disability, please let us know what adjustments you may need to the recruitment process to perform your best - firstname.lastname@example.org